- What do you find most stressful in your life?
- What are your three favourite ways to de-stress yourself?
(1) exercise or go for a walk,
(2) read a funny book or watch a funny movie, and
(3) remember that, when I consider what my life could be like, I have it really good.
- What is your favourite de-stressing technique?
Meditating on the good things in my life and working on creating an even better reality.
- What is the one piece of good advice you would give to people who suffer from stress?
It is not the relationship or the situation that causes the stress, it is how you respond to those relationships and situations.
While very little is under your control, what is, is how you react. Instead of saying "he or she makes me so mad," realize you are mad because that is how you are reacting to the situation. A person can't make you mad or unhappy or even stressed unless you give them the power to do that to you.
Don't give away your power. And that is easier written than done. But possible.
Some things are worth getting angry about, but get angry only if you want to be, not because you have given away the power of the reaction to someone else. Whenever I get really stressed out about a situation, I think to myself, "What's the worst that can happen?" That would be death. If that doesn't happen, why am I losing sleep, losing control of my blood pressure, or being cranky?
There is always a solution to a problem and as long as I don't freak out with stress, I'll be able to find it. People actually marvel now at how patient and unflappable I am. I marvel too. It was a lot of work to get to this point, but I'm here now.
And it's great.
Web designer, graphic artist, creator of my own reality, Pollyanna, Little Mary Sunshine.
"I laugh at lot and have some laugh lines. Oh my goodness! Wrinkles! What's the worst that can happen? Death. Next to that, what are a few laugh lines ..."